With great crews, some planning, and a bit of luck, our first-time home construction was in net, a successful and educational experience.
Great Contractors and SuppliersFortunately, most of the folks we've worked with have been really _GREAT_! In a one-off design, there are bound to be issues to resolve. It's how those issues were resolved that made most of these people a real joy to work with.
- Friends, Family and Neighbors
- Many thanks to everybody who has helped throughout the process including Rob, Cody, Kyle, and Patty Bielen, Justin Rowland, Esther, Marty, Matt, and Amanda Flynn, Josh Heinrich, Matt Black, Tyler Eastman, Lee Brown, Guy Strange, Bob Castleberry, Jim Ervin, Harry and Kathy Salvini, Debe, James, and Kathryn Taylor and others.
- Better Building Systems
- Drafting, Engineering, Panel fabrication and assembly by Graham, Fred, Dennis, Darryl, Ron, Paul, and others).
- Scoffield Excavating
- Chuck Scoffield did an excellent job of clearing and preparing the site with his high-track D6.
- Sierra Solar Systems
- Solar panels, inverter, batteries used to power construction and office.
- Hydronic Frontiers
- Hydronic heating by Dennis Aufdenkamp
- K.D. Olson Construction
- Excellent concrete finishing by Kim, Steve, Dan, and others.
- Spec. West/Sacramento
- QC Patina Stain and Urathane Sealer for concrete.
- Hills Flat Lumber
- Excellent material and knowledgeable staff - Kenan, Jason, Darryl, and many others).
- Ford Wholesale/Sacramento
- Great Roofing Products at a great price along with after-sales service that can't be beat.
- Grass Valley Glass
- Marty, Eric, and Jered supplied and installed the EPI windows as well as shower stall doors.
- Pacific Crest Doors
- Great doors.
Not So Great...Unfortunately, we had less than favorable experiences with a couple of local folks that others might want to be aware of. E-mail for specifics.